Drop at No 11 is an independent Wine Bar & Shop in Old Amersham, serving fine wines, charcuterie & locally sourced cheeses.
Every month Drop run tastings for a maximum of 11 people. In addition to the planned monthly tastings mentioned below, you can also arrange a group booking (min 8 people / max 11 ) for an ‘Introduction to Wine’ on any Tuesday evenings 7pm-9pm at a cost of £40/person. You’ll taste & talk about wine, learn the language of wine, explore the noble grape varieties, how to buy and what to avoid.
All wines for the first two club nights of the month are served “blind” and revealed once tasted. April Tasting include:
Wednesday 19th April: 7pm-9pm
Germany Spring is in the air and if you haven’t been to one of my German tastings yet this one’s for you. A broad look at German wines, history and vineyards in general, and the extraordinary array of styles that the “Queen of grapes” Riesling can produce – this is a whites only tasting. Cost £60/ person
Wednesday 26th April: 7pm – 9pm
Let’s say goodbye to winter with a hugely misunderstood wine region of the world. I have a genuine love of wines from California but they don’t help themselves with at one end the massed produced “barefoot” rubbish and at the other the silliness of Screaming Eagle. There is a mid way!! Cost: £130/person
• 2018 Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc – Napa Valley
• 2019 Liquid Farm White Hills Chardonnay – St Rita Hills
• 2014 J. Christopher Sandra Adele Pinot Noir – Dundee Hills
• 2010 Flowers Pinot Noir – Sonoma Coast
• 2017 Grace Wines Grenache – Santa Barbara
• 2016 Scherrer Zinfandel – Sonoma County
• 2013 Joseph Phelps Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley
• 2011 Chateau Montelena Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley
How to book
Please email James email@example.com with your requested evening, full names of those attending and a contact number – payment can be made on the night.