Wedding and Venue Hire Co-ordinator (maternity cover)
We are looking for maternity cover for our Wedding and Venue Hire Co-ordinator to plan, organise and operate our busy wedding season.
With a real interest in creating beautiful events in partnership with our clients this person will balance great organisational and communication skills with an eye for detail and a touch of flair. You will work alongside the rest of the team to grow and develop our wedding, venue hire business.
We usually have between 15 and 20 weddings/private hire booking a year that are carefully organised around other museum events and activities. Weddings and parties at the museum are booked on a dry hire basis only, however for smaller weddings we sometimes offer cream tea and drinks packages.
The working hours are very varied so we are looking for someone who is very flexible. This is a very hands-on role and during our wedding season (late March to early October), your time will be a mix of week based office hours and weekend and evening work co-ordinating the weddings and private hire as they take place. During our wedding season you will work a minimum of 16 hours per week but this will increase depending on the events that are taking place. In the winter months, your time will predominantly be spent booking future weddings and supporting the rest of the team and your working hours will be reduced to 14 hours a week.
Hourly rate of pay changes depending on time of the day. Hours worked as standard are paid at a rate of £9.60/hour. For events, hours worked between 6pm and midnight are paid at a rate of £10.85/hour and hours after midnight are paid at a rate of £19.20/hour.
Due to varying hours and rates this is a zero hours contract for which holiday will be paid on top at a rate of 12.08%. We will however, guarantee a minimum number of hours over the contract term, which is expected to last at least until spring 2022 and may be extended until September 2022.
• Manage the delivery of weddings and private functions
• Be a warm friendly and enthusiastic point of contact for all wedding and venue hire bookings
• Respond to enquiries and carrying out all booking administration on a timely and professional manner
• Build a strong working relationship with customers and suppliers to ensure that a client’s vision for their wedding/venue hire is realised
• Liaise with suppliers to make them aware of our health and safety policies and arrange site visits to ensure they understand the quirkiness of our site!
• Supervise the on-the-day delivery of weddings/venue hire
• Work with other members of the team to organise any other additional requirements eg. Catering and drinks packages
• Close and lock the site after wedding/private hire
• Co-ordinate and work with the rest of the team to ensure buildings are clean and ready for a private function and restored to their general use afterwards
• Manage and organise the casual wedding support team
• Carry out all paperwork required for weddings including licences and risk assessments
• Conduct show-rounds for potential clients
• Work with the rest of the museum team to ensure that bookings are carefully managed around other museum activities including events, education, livestock management and building repairs
• Organise in-house wedding open days
• Work with colleagues to grow weddings and venue hire
• Any other reasonable duties
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• Experience of planning and delivering events in partnership with others
• Experience in supervising others
• Some understanding of wedding and events licensing
• A creative and flexible approach
• PC and MS Office literate
• A high standard of written and spoken English
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 8th June 2021
Interviews: Week of 14th June 2021
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Casual. Maternity cover until spring 2022 and may be extended until September 2022.
Reporting to: Museum Director
Please email applications to email@example.com using the General Museum Job Application Form found here https://coam.org.uk/get-involved/vacancies/wedding-and-venue-hire-co-ordinator-job/