If you don’t like toffee, you can always miss it out and just add the apple with a little cinnamon – delicious!
Recipe from Michele at Cookies
125g self raising half wholemeal flour or white flour
60g unsalted butter
60g light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
12 plain toffees (blitzed in a blender to make tiny chunks)
2 heaped wooden spoonfuls of cooked apples
Makes 6 cookies
Oven preheated to 180C
1. Melt the butter, either in a microwave or in a pan gently on a stove.
2. Put the flour and sugar in a mixing bowl then stir in the melted butter.
3. Crack the egg into a small bowl and use a fork to beat it.
4. Once beaten add to the mixture and vigorously stir it all together.
5. Then add your cooked apple and toffee pieces and stir it all up once again.
6. If the mixture is slightly wet just add a little more flour to even out the consistency to a malleable dough when handled lightly.
7. Gently tear off a satsuma sized piece of dough and place on either a greased baking tray or parchment paper on a baking tray leaving spaces between each biscuit.
8. Cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown.