1kg unsmoked gammon joint
1 litre pineapple juice
1 onion, peeled and halved
1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks (can use tinned pineapple instead)
1 handful of coriander, chopped
1. Put the gammon in a saucepan and cover with cold water, bring to the boil then remove the gammon and discard the water.
2. Wash out the saucepan, return the gammon to the pan and pour in the pineapple juice and onion. if the juice doesn’t cover the gammon, top up with some water.
3. Bring the pan to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 1 hour.
4. To make the salsa, mix all the ingredients together and leave until the gammon is cooked.
5. Once the gammon is cooked, carefully remove from the pan and thinly slice the meat.
6. Serve the gammon with the salsa on the side along with some new potatoes and salad.