Quick and easy to make plus it’s healthy!
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp dry sherry
2 tsp sesame oil
1 fat garlic clove crushed
1 tsp finley chopped fresh root ginger
200g lean sirloin steak thinly sliced across the grain
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 large carrot cut into matchsticks
100g mangetout halved lengthways
140g mushrooms sliced
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
Chinese noodles to serve
1. Mix together the soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a shallow dish. Add the steak and leave to marinade for 20 minutes (or longer if you have time).
2. Heat a frying pan or wok and add the sesame seeds and toast over a high heat stirring for a few minutes until golden and then remove from the pan onto a plate.
3. Heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan or wok until hot. Add the steak with the marinade and cook for 3 to 4 minutes over a high heat until lightly browned. Remove using a slotted spoon onto a plate leaving the juices in the pan.
4. Toss the carrots in the pan and stir fry for a few minutes, then add the mangetout and cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. Return the steak to the pan, add the mushrooms and toss everything together. Add the hoisin sauce and stir fry for a final minute. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Source: Recipe from Good Food Magazine.