A delicious family meal taken from My Daddy Cooks by Nick Coffer.
Prep time: 5-10 mins
Cooking time: 35 minutes
2 garlic cloves crushed
1.5cm cube of fresh ginger grated
3 teaspoons of Chinese five spices
3 tablespoons honey
4-5 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
2 large red peppers deseeded and cut length weighs into slices
3 courgettes cut length weighs into 5mm slices
4 x 150g skinless salmon fillets
240g fine noodles
2 spring onions finely chopped
Lime to serve (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees / 350 F / Gas Mark 4
2. In a large roasting tin mix the garlic, ginger, the five spice powder, the honey, a good dash of sesame oil and the soy sauce. Toss the peppers, courgette and the salmon in the sauce just so that they are all really well covered.
3. Remove the salmon fillets and put them on a plate.
4. Bake the vegetables in the oven for 35 minutes, turning a few times.
5. With 10 minutes to go, make room for the salmon and put it in the roasting tin too (basting it with some of the juices).
6. Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions. When they are ready toss in some sesame oil, a few drops of soy sauce and the spring onion.
7. Serve the salmon and the vegetables on the noodles with some optional lime to squeeze.
Source: My Daddy Cook by Nick Coffer.