For the Pastry:
• 100g plain flour
• 40g caster sugar
• 2 tsp cocoa powder
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• 1 egg
• 100g butter, cubed
For the Filling:
• 1 tin pumpkin puree OR 300g steamed pumpkin flesh
• 150g light brown soft sugar
• 250ml crème fraiche
• 3 eggs
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1tsp ginger
• ¼ tsp nutmeg
• Writing icing or melted chocolate in a piping bag
1. Mix all of the pastry ingredients together, rubbing together with your fingers till you have a solid ball.
2. Heat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Butter a round pie dish and sprinkle it with flour.
3. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to just thicker than 1/8 inch. Press dough into bottom and up sides of the pie dish; trim excess flush with edge. Lightly prick bottom of dough all over with a fork. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
4. Bake shell until firm, about 15 minutes. Immediately sprinkle chocolate over bottom of shell; smooth with a spatula.
5. To prepare the filling: whisk all of the filling ingredients together until smooth, then spoon into the chocolate crust.
6. Bake until filling is set, about 40 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool at least 30 minutes.
7. Using the writing icing, draw a colourful spider web (or any other spooky design) onto the tart. Alternatively, drizzle or pipe melted chocolate onto the tart and put into the fridge for at least 1 hour to set.
Thanks to Blossoning Cooks for recipe.