This tasty soup is great for a winter lunchtime.
340g Smoked haddock, skinned
6 rashers of bacon, chopped
1 large onion, finely cjopped
2 teaspoons plain flour
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to your own taste)
225g potato, peeled and diced
675 ml milk
1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
Salt & pepper
- Remove any bones from the fish, then cut into chunks and set aside.
- Dry-fry the bacon until crisp and brown. Add the butter, and fry the onion, flour and cayenne with the bacon until soft.
- Add the potato and sweetcorn to the mixture, then add the milk and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook gently for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked. if the mixture becomes too thick add a little water.
- Add the fish and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped parsley if using and serve.