Delicious pancakes also known as ‘drop scones’, super fast to make and perfect for an afternoon treat. Yummy with butter and jam, or topped with fruit (and some cream for a real treat!) This recipe makes around 16 pancakes.
What you need:
120g self-raising flour
30g caster sugar
1. Put a heavy based frying pan on the hob to heat, wipe the pan with a little butter.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl, add the sugar and mix together.
3. Add the egg and milk to the bowl and mix until it forms a smooth batter.
4. Drop a tablespoon of the batter into the frying pan, when the surface is covered with bubbles flip the pancake over and cook the other side. Keep an eye on the pancake so they don’t burn, if the underside isn’t as coloured as you’d like then just flip it over for another few seconds.
5. Once cooked, remove from the pan and either enjoy them hot or leave them to cool (if you can resist).
These pancake are really yummy, one batch is never enough in our house. They’re so easy to make and the choice of toppings is endless, everyone has their favourite, from butter & jam, fruit & cream, nutella… Give them a try and see what you’re favourite is!