3 tbsp olive oil
3 red peppers
3 yellow peppers
200g vine cherry tomatoes
4 large onions, roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp fresh basil
1 1/2 litres vegetable stock
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly oil 2 baking trays.
2. Cut the peppers into quarters, remove seeds and core. Place on a baking tray, drizzle with a little oil and add salt and pepper. Put the tomatoes on a tray, drizzle with oil and add salt and pepper.
3. Place the trays in the oven and roast for about 25 minutes.
4. While the peppers and tomatoes are roasting, gently fry the onions until soft. Add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes, then add the cayenne pepper.
5. Put the onion mix, peppers and tomatoes in a food processor, along with the basil. Whizz altogether.
6. Sieve the mix to remove any seeds or skin. Return the puree to the pan, add the stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Enjoy with some fresh crusty bread.