A tasty salad perfect with some grilled fish or meat
Serves 6 as a side dish
1 large cauliflower
1 red pepper, cut into pieces
2 tbsp sesame seeds
50g pumpkin seeds
50g sunflower seeds
6 garlic cloves. Sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
200g pitted olives
150g broad beans (can use frozen or fresh)
200g green beans, topped & tailed, cut into around 4cm lengths
100g peas (can use frozen or fresh)
1. Preheat the oven to 170C.
2. Cut the cauliflower into florets and place in a large roasting tin with the red pepper, seeds, garlic, olives and olive oil. Add salt and pepper and mix around with your hands. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, mix around every 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
3. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the broad beans and boil for 2 – 3 minutes. Remove the beans from the pan and refresh in iced water.
4. Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook for 2 mins, then add the peas and cool for a further 1 minute. Drain the beans and peas and refresh in iced water then drain.
5. To serve, mix together the beans, peas and cauliflower mix, and place on a serving plate. Salad can be served either warm or at room temperature.
I made this delicious salad for dinner last night to have with chicken skewers. It was really easy to make and am looking forward to having leftover for lunch 🙂
I made this last night and loved it. We just had this salad as our main meal and I had leftovers for lunch today. I was worried that it was a lot of garlic but actually roasted garlic is delicious. A really tasty dish, that I will definitely be making again.