Another fantastic Halloween recipe from Blossoming Cooks.
1 sheet puff pastry
500g pumpkin or butternut squash pieces cubed
1 tbsp butter
50ml cream or milk
2 tsp ground nutmeg
100g feta cheese
1. Steam the pumpkin until it is tender
2. Sprinkle in the nutmeg then mash in the butter, followed by enough milk or cream to create a smooth texture.
3. Roll out the puff pastry and use a round cookie cutter (an upturn cup or bowl will do just as well) to sit out as many circles as possible. Half will be bases and half will be lids.
4. Using a sharp knife cut scary eyes and mouths out of the pastry lids.
5. Spread your pumpkin mash onto the bases, followed by a sprinkle of crumbled feta.
6. Cover with the lids and press the edges together firmly to seal.
7. Brush with milk and bake in a pre heated oven (200 / 180 fan) for 10-12 minutes.