Ingredients: for 12 lollipops
Butter for greasing
100g finely grated parmesan cheese
You will need…… lollipop sticks 2 x baking trays 8-9cm round cookie cutter baking parchment palette knife half a grapefruit to serve
How to make parmesan lollipops….WASH YOUR HANDS
1. Preheat the oven to 200c/gas 7/AGA roasting oven. Line two baking trays with baking parchment and grease them with butter.
2. Place a 8-9cm cookie cutter on a baking tray and sprinkle in a think layer of the grated parmesan. Carefully lift and remove the cutter and place a lollipop stick on top with the tip in the middle of the disc.
3. Repeat with more cheese, making around 12 in total. Make sure to leave gaps of around 3dm between each disc to allow the cheese to spread.
4. Go round all the discs and sprinkle a little more cheese over the part of the lollipop stick resting on the disc of cheese to cover it.
5. Bake for 5 minutes (AGA 3-4 minutes), you may need to swap the tray around the shelves so they brown evenly, the cheese should be golden and bubbling.
6. Remove from the oven and slide the paper with the lollipops attached onto a cooling rack to crisp up, leave them for a couple of minutes until crisp them very carefully remove them from the paper with a palette knife and present them stuck in a box with holes or you could be retro and stick them in half a grapefruit.
Recipe provided by Beverley Glock, www.beverleyglock.com