This is a great no carb side dish from ‘Truly Baking Mad Mummy’ that has a very similar texture to couscous.
1 small cauliflower
1 onion chopped
1.5 tsp ras el hanout (spice)
2 tsp honey
1 garlic clove chopped
Handful flakes almonds toasted
50ml approx Chicken stock (You may only need a small amount of this)
1.Place the cauliflower florets into a food processor and blitz until you get rice like consistency
2.In a pan over a medium heat, add a little oil and once heated up add the chopped onion and apricots and add in the ras el hanout and the honey and stir through. Cook this on a low heat to caramelise
3. Add the chopped garlic and cook for a further minute
4. Pour in the cauliflower and stir through to coat (it will start to turn yellow)
5. Pour in a little of the stock, just a little at a time and cook until it is absorbed and do this until the cauliflower is cooked, make sure it still has a slight bite as you don’t want soggy cauliflower rice
6. Stir through the toasted flaked almonds and serve
7. Feel free to stir through some parsley or coriander if you have some to hand
Check out the Truly Baking Mad Mummy Facebook page for more delicious recipes.