A retro make ahead dinner party dessert.
Makes 8 small banoffee pies
225g digestive biscuits
120g butter melted
1 x 397g tin nestle carnation caramel
1 x 300ml double cream
3 ripe bananas
1. Use a blender to crumble the biscuits until they resemble fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse again to combine.
2. Spoon the mixture equally between 8 individual fluted loose bottom tart tins (9cm). Alternativley make a large pie using a 20cm loose bottom tart tin. Press the mixture in firmly using a spoon and then pop in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. Spread the caramel over the base of the desserts but not quite to the edge. Arrange a layer of bananas on top of the caramel.
4. Whip the cream until it just forms soft peaks and dollop onto the tarts.
5. Remove the tart from the tins and use a vegetable pealer to make some chocolate shavings.
I made these at the weekend as a treat for the kids (and us :)). They are really easy to make and would be a perfect make ahead dinner party dessert. If you are making them ahead I would recommend taking them out of the fridge a few minutes before so that they are easier to remove from the base of the tin. A yummy retro dessert!