A moist lemony cake – delicious! Source: Fay Makes it Easy – Fay Ripley
125g shelled pistachios
150g softened butter
150g unrefined golden caster sugar
150g self raising flour
50g ground almonds
2 large eggs
juice of 2 lemons
1/2 x 300g jar lemon curd
75g icing sugar, sifted
1. Preheat the oven to 160 (fan) / 180 or gas mark 4. Line the base of a 20cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
2.In a food processor, grind 100g of pistacios (keep the rest for the top) to crumbs. Add the butter, sugar, flour and almonds and whizz to combine. The pop in the eggs and whizz again. Finally add the juice of 1 lemon and whizz to bring it all together.
3. Scrape half the moxture into the base ofyour tin and smooth it out. Then roughly spread the lemon curd over the top but not quite to the edges.
4. With the remainder of the mixture, drop dollops over the lemon curd layer and gently smooth with the back of a spoon.
5. Roughly chop the rset of the pistachios by hand and scatter over the top. Bake for 45-50 mins until golden brown. Cool completely in the tin.
6. For the icing just mix together the icing sugar and 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice, stirring into a paste. Criss cross the top of your cake and leave for a couple of minutes to set.