1 tablespoon sunflower oil
500g lamb steaks cut into 2cm cubes
2 onions thickly sliced
5 large tablespoons korma paste
200g basmati rice
750ml vegetable stock
2 handfuls raisins
Coriander leaves, mango chutney,
Poppadoms & natural yoghurt
1. Fill kettle and boil
2. Put oven on to 180C
3. Thickly slice 2 onions
4. Trim any fat off the lamb and cut into chunks
5. Make 750ml vegetable stock with boiling water & vegetable stock cube
1. Heat half the oil in a large heavy based pan on a high heat. Cook the lamb for 3-4 minutes, until just cooked.
2. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Heat the remaining oil over a medium heat. Cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until softened.
4. Add the korma paste and stir in for 1 minute.
5. Add the rice, stirring to coat it in the paste, then add the stock and raisins.
6. Bring to a boil, then simmer on a low heat for 12-15 minutes, stirring often, until the rice is tender.
7. Put poppadoms in oven.– keep a close eye on them they burn quickly.
8. Stir in the lamb and heat for 2 minutes.
9. Serve with the coriander, chutney and poppadoms & natural yoghurt.
Recipe courtesy of Dinner Made Simple