It’s sweaty & very intense…..Sound intriguing? Hot Box, which launched last month at Target Human Performance in Amersham, is the latest fitness craze involving high intensity boxing with interval rounds of skipping in a heated studio.
My workout regime consists mainly of bootcamp classes with CCF and running twice a week, so I was excited to give Hot Box a go & to try something a little different. My friend Helen came along for the ride to see what it was all about.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Come hydrated and make sure you bring a big bottle of water. Towels are provided, as are boxing gloves.
• Prepare to sweat! The class is held in a heated room and it does get HOT! Part way though the class I really wanted someone to open the window…but then I thought of all the calories I was burning and thought better of it ☺
• The class lasts for 45 minute & incorporates a full body workout.
• There are a maximum of 7 people per class.
• It doesn’t matter if you haven’t boxed before. As it’s a small class, Nadine the instructor was able to take her time to make sure that we were using the proper technique.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
• Something you don’t mind sweating A LOT in ☺
• This is the perfect class for anyone looking to burn some serious calories. Nadine from Target reckons that you burn 500-700 calories in a 45 minute class.
• The heat helps to eliminate toxins from the body.
• Working out in a heated room will make the workout tougher and elevate the heart rate in order to increase the calorie expenditure
The cheapest option is to buy a 10 class card, which doesn’t have an expiry. Prices start at £75 for members or £85 for non members working out at £8.50 per class.
PAYG fitness classes cost £10 for members and £12.50 for non members.
Every Thursday at 11am & 6pm. Classes may also start on a Monday evening – watch this space ☺
Target Human Performance (THP) offers an exclusive training facility in the heart of Amersham. THP is a private members facility offering personal training services, group fitness classes and a wellness clinic, delivering physiotherapy, sports therapy and a nutrition service.