There’s nothing like homemade pate.
1 small onion, very finely sliced
1 large garlic clove, bashed and chopped
250g chicken livers
2 tbsp brandy
Salt & pepper
1. Chop the onions and garlic
2. Melt half the butter in a pan and slowly fry the onions until translucent. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute.
3. Turn the heat up and add the chicken livers and brown on all sides. Add salt and pepper.
4. Add the brandy to the pan, allow to warm then set it alight! Cook for another couple of minutes.
5. Take the pan off the heat and allow to cool a little. Once cool enough pour into a blender and add the remaining butter and blend for a few minutes until smooth.
6. Transfer the pate into serving dish/dishes and let it cool completely before serving with some oatcakes or crusty bread.