Recipe provided by nutritionist Hayley Sanders – Nutritional Health Matters
• 150g ready-to-eat stoned dates
• 100g low-fat spread
• 3 generous tbsp agave syrup (sugar alternative)
• 50g ready-to-eat stoned dried apricots, finely chopped
• 3 tbsp mixed seeds
• 50g raisins
• 150g porridge oats
1. Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
2. Line an 18cm square tin with baking parchment. Put the dates into a food processor and process until they are finely chopped and sticking together in clumps. Or chop finely.
3. Put the low-fat spread, agave syrup and dates into a saucepan and heat gently. Stir until the low-fat spread has melted and the dates are blended in. Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan and stir until well mixed. Spoon the mixture into the tin and spread level.
4. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until golden brown. Remove and cut into 12 pieces. Leave in the tin until cold. Store in an airtight container.