A delicious light and easy couscous salad.
Takes: 15 minutes
300g/11oz broccoli florets
6 sping onions finely sliced
150g/5.25oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
large bunch of parsley, finely chopped
small bunch mint, finely chopped
juice of 2 lemons, zest of 1/2 lemon
2.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1.5 tbsp harissa
1 tbsp clear honey
2 x 250g packs halloumi cut into 1cm slices
25g/1oz toasted flaked almonds
1. Put the couscous into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover with cling film and set aside for 5 mins.
2. Blanch the broccoli for 2 minutes, then drain well. Cut into very small pieces or blitz it in a food processor
3. Fork the broccoli, spring onions, tomatoes, herbs, lemon zest, the juice of 1.5 lemons and 2 tbsp oil through the couscous. Season and mix well.
4. To make the dressing combine the harissa, honey, remaining lemon juice and oil and some seasoning.
5. Heat a non stick frying pan and heat the halloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side unitl golden. Divide the couscous between the plates, top with halloumi slices and dressing and then scatter with almonds.
Source: BBC Good Food magazine