Grab some comfy walking shoes and get ready to explore the local area during this year’s 9th Spring Chilterns Walking Festival, taking place 21 May to 5 June 2022!
The programme includes over 70 guided countryside walks, activities and events. There are a number of new walking experiences on offer this year, along with themed walks designed to celebrate some special anniversaries. Here is a flavour of what’s on offer:
- Guided walks and events taking in some of our precious chalk streams to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Chalk Streams project: Includes a River Chess Discovery sessions for kids, with a walk and scavenger hunt, stories, craft and songs.
- Nature walks at Barton Hills and Aston Rowant National Nature Reserves to celebrate the 70thAnniversary of National Nature Reserves. Join the Natural England rangers to see the wildlife that makes them so special.
- Lacemaking and cream tea experience in Marlow – Bobbie will take you on a guided walk around historic Marlow, followed by a lace-making session and afternoon tea.
- Jubilee Walk – discover the Hedgerley Wood Deep Time walk in the hills above Chinnor followed by a scenic steam train ride.
- Wildsong Walks – come and sing in King’s Wood! This ancient beech woodland has an abundance of wild songs for us. We will share simple walking chants and songs of the woods and of the beings that live there.
- Climate Action – connect with others on this walk and talk in the beautiful hills around Princes Risborough
…plus map reading courses, pub walks, local produce tasting, Midsomer on the Misbourne walks, Hillfort and historic garden tours and much more.
Book your place via the website: https://www.visitchilterns.co.uk/walkingfest.html. To keep updated join the Chilterns Walking Festival facebook page.