Ingredients (makes approx. 9-12):
100g plain flour (contains wheat)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
30g butter (contains milk)
30g light brown sugar
2 tbsp clear honey (allergens listed in bold)
1. Preheat oven (200C, 180C fan, gas mark 6).
2. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
3. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, ginger and cinnamon together.
4. Rub diced butter into the flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
5. Beat the egg and mix with the honey.
6. Add 2-3 tbspns of the egg mixture to the flour mixture then add water gradually until it sticks together. Be careful not to add too much.
7. Roll out dough on a floured surface and cut out shapes with cookie cutters.
8. Cook for 10-15 minutes until golden.
Top Banana Tip: Decorate simply with icing sugar, or go to town with icing and festive sprinkles.
Thanks to Claire Goodstein
Top Banana Cooking
10 Quill Hall Lane, Amersham Bucks
Tel: 01494 580393
Mobile: 07717 751812