A quick and easy biscuits, perfect for cooking with children.
220g unsalted butter
220g self raising flour
220g porridge oats
150g Demerara sugar
1 tablespoons of golden syrup
2 rounded teaspoons of ground ginger
1. Line 3 baking sheets with baking parchment.
2. Preheat the oven to 170 (Fan)
3. Gently heat the butter, sugar and golden syrup together in a small pan until the sugar dissolves.
4. Combine the flour, oats and ginger in a bowl.
5. Pour on the melted mixture and mix thoroughly.
6. Roll heaped teaspoonsfuls of the mixture into little balls and place on a baking sheets (allow room to expand). Press each to flatten a little.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until they’ve turned a golden brown colour
7. Leave on the baking sheet for 15 minutes, then transfer to a waire rack to finish cooling.
I made these today with the children and they loved them. It’s a recipe that has been used during cookery at school, so perfect for baking with children. It’s very simple and straight forward instructions for children to read and follow. You could adapt the recipe and instead of using ginger use raisins etc. When the biscuits come out of the oven, dont be tempted to pick at them as they are very crumbly but harden slightly as they cool. A real hit with the kids. You get about 30 biscuits.