Healthy, tasty snacks for kids to make.
Thanks to Baggies Kids Cookery School for providing the recipe.
What you need:
100g porridge oats
50g sunflower seeds
50g chopped apricots
2 tbsp honey
50g light muscovado sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
100g dried cranberries
1. Heat the oven to 160C.
2. Butter and line a baking tin.
3. Warm the butter, honey and sugar in a pan, stirring until the butter has melted.
4. Add the oats, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and dried fruit. Mix together until all the oats are well coated.
5. Tip into the tin, press down lightly and bake for 20 – 30 minutes.
6. Cool in tin, and then cut into bars.
Baggies Kids Cookery School – www.bagnallcentre.com
These flapjacks are really tasty and so simple to make. My daughter was able to make these herself with only a little bit of help. She was so proud of the results and loved sharing them with everyone. The recipe makes just the right amount (approx 12 small bars) and you could always replace the cranberries for raisins or another dried fruit depending what you have in the cupboard. We’ll definitely be making these again. Thank you Baggies for the recipe, we’re already looking forward to the next cooking class to try out the recipes at home.