Our resident heavy horses will be joined by members of the Hertfordshire Heavy Horse Association and their horses to demonstrate the role of heavy horses on traditional farms in the past.
- Watch traditional heavy horses cultivating the Museum fields
- See horse carting around the farmstead
- Horse gin (engine) demonstrations
- Meet Joshua, Samuel and Harvey, the heavy horses, who live at the Museum.
- More pictures and information about the Museum’s 3 heavy horses can be found here.
23 (Saturday) 10:00 am - 24 (Sunday) 5:00 pm
Chiltern Open Air Museum
Chiltern Open Air Museum, Newland Park, Gorelands Lane, HP8 4AB
Chiltern Open Air Museum01494 871 117 Chiltern Open Air Museum, Newland Park, Gorelands Lane, Chalfont St Giles, Bucks HP8 4AB