Get the family together to explore Roald Dahl's home village on our guided walks to discover the places that inspired Roald
Get the family together to explore Roald Dahl's home village on our guided walks to discover the places that inspired Roald Dahl.
On the Village Trail you'll see Danny's dad's petrol pumps (from Danny, the Champion of the World), the house that was the inspiration for Sophie's norphanage in The BFG, Matilda's library and Roald Dahl's grave.
On the Countryside Trail you'll explore some of the Chiltern countryside that Roald Dahl loved. Keep your eyes peeled for some familiar insect friends as we hunt for bugs in the woods and the inspiration for Roald Dahl’s first popular book for children, James and the Giant Peach.
- Times: 11.30am Village Trail, 2.00pm Countryside Trail.
- Cost: £1.50 per participant in addition to Museum entry. You'll need a Museum admission ticket to enjoy this event.
- Age: suitable for 5 years. Under 16s will need to be accompanied by an adult. Participating children aged 2 to 4 years will still need to pay.
- Dogs: No dogs are allowed - except guide dogs.
- Type of workshop: Walk. Footpaths might be muddy and are steep in places. Please come dressed appropriately for the weather.
(Tuesday) 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
The Roald Dahl Museum & Story Centre
81 High Street
The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre01494 892192 | firstname.lastname@example.org 81-83 High Street Great Missenden HP16 0AL