Enjoy a guided Roald Dahl countryside walk followed
Enjoy a guided Roald Dahl countryside walk followed by a festive afternoon tea packed with sandwiches, scones and cakes. This is our last My Year Scoff 'n' Stroll, and a wonderful excuse to stretch your legs after Christmas.
Stretch your legs and fill your tummy! Your guide Michael will lead you from the Wonka gates at the Museum and through the nearby woods and fields that inspired Roald Dahl. Listen to extracts from Roald Dahl’s last book My Year, as well as Fantastic Mr Fox and Danny the Champion of the World. See the glorious Chilterns countryside that Roald Dahl used to walk in, and take in some deep breaths of calming, country air!
You'll then head back to the Museum for a well-deserved delicious afternoon tea in the Café, consisting of homemade sandwiches, sweet treats and scones - all with a Christmas twist, as well as tea or coffee from our range of Twist Teas and Grand Cafe Coffee.
Roald Dahl wrote My Year in the last year of his life, it's a month by month account of the changing seasons peppered with childhood memories, written in Dahl's wonderful and humorous style.
Please book your tickets by 2pm on Saturday 28 December
At 2pm | £12 per person | for age 6 plus | 50 minute (3km) guided walk plus afternoon tea
If you have any dietary requirements please contact us after your booking - firstname.lastname@example.org 01494 892192
Please book in advance as spaces are limited. Book online, or by calling 01494 892192. Please book in advance before 2pm the day before the walk, this is so we know how many people to cater for. We can't take any bookings after this time.
- Time: 2.00pm.
- 2pm event: walk 2pm, afternoon tea at 3pm.
- Cost: £12 per participant. This includes a guided walk and afternoon tea. You don’t need to visit the Museum to enjoy this event.
- Age: suitable for 6 years. Under 16s will need to be accompanied by an adult. Participating children aged 2 to 4 years will still need to pay.
- Dogs: No dogs are allowed - except guide dogs.
- Type of workshop: approx 3km walk. Footpaths might be muddy and are steep in places. Please come dressed appropriately for the weather.
- Food and allergies: find out more about the Cafe's afternoon tea here. If you have any allergies or dietary requirements, please email email@example.com after you've made your booking.
(Sunday) 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Roald Dahl Museum & Story Centre
81 High Street
The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre01494 892192 | firstname.lastname@example.org 81-83 High Street Great Missenden HP16 0AL