Makes approx 18 cakes
Prep time: 30 mins
Chilling time: 2 – 3 hours
What you need:
285g pack Madeira cake
100g Cream cheese
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
100g Strawberries, hulled and finely chopped
250g White chocolate, broken into pieces
6tbsp Desiccated coconut or grated white chocolate
100g White ready to roll icing
18 Pink mini marshmallows, cut in half
18 Red mini smarties or similar
36 Mini edible sugar balls, blue or green
1. Trim the brown edges off the madeira cake, with the remaining cake crumble into small crumbs.
2. In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the chopped strawberries and crumbled cake and mix together.
3. Divide the cake mixture into 18 equal sized balls, roll in your hands to make them smooth. Put the balls onto a baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
4. Melt the white chocolate, and coat the cake balls with the chocolate. Tip – spear the balls with a fork and spoon the melted chocolate over the top, allowing the excess to drop back into the bowl. Transfer the coated balls to a baking sheet and sprinkle half the ball with the grated chocolate or coconut.
5. To make the ears – break off a small pieces of icing, roll into balls and press into ovals a little larger than the marshmallows. Press the icing around a marshmallow and pinch the top into an ear shape. Place 2 ears on each cake ball and add 2 eyes and a nose. Pop in the fridge for 1 hour, until set then arrange on paper cases.
Recipe source: www.seasonalberries.co.uk