A quick & easy dessert for a dinner party. You can make them in the morning and keep them in the fridge.
4 large eggs
150g caster sugar
grated zest of 2 unwaxed lemons
120ml lemon juice
120ml single cream
whipping cream to serve
1. Preheat oven to 160 (fan), 180, gas mark 4
2. Whisk the eggs and sugar until smooth with an electric whisk. Add the lemon zest and juice. Lastly whisk the single cream in quickly.
3. Put the mixture into the ramekins. Place them in a roasting tray. Move it to the oven and pour in boiled water to two thirds of the way up the sides of the ramekins.
4. Bakes for 20-25 mins until just set. Remove, cool and pop in the fridge until needed.
5. To serve, whish the whipping cream and plop a spoonful on top.
Source: Fay’s Family Food (Fay Ripley)
This is a great dessert for a dinner party as you can make it the morning. It is very lemony though so if I was making this again I would probably use slightly less lemon juice (maybe 100ml instead of 120ml) and also I would maybe serve it in smaller dishes and make more of them – this could make 6-8 small desserts and then you could follow it with cheese. My husband doesnt really like lemon though so he only ate half of his so definitely a recipe for lemon lovers. Makes a nice change from the chocolate desserts I love to make 🙂