Great biscuits for the kids to do as they are very simple to make and they will like decorating them 🙂
125g unsalted butter
100g dark muscovado sugar
4 tbsp golden syrup
325g plain flour extra for dusting and dipping
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground ginger
Things to decorate the biscuits e.g. writing icing tubes, smarties etc
Makes around 25 biscuits
1. Preheat the oven to 170 / gas mark 3. Line 3 or 4 baking trays with baking parchment.
2. Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a medium saucepan stirring occasionally until melted then remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger in a bowl. Stir in the melted ingredients to make a stiff dough.
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll to a 5mm thickness. Dust your cutters with flour before cutting out shapes. PLace onto the lines trays. Bake in batches for 9-10 minutes until golden brown.
5. Leave to cool on a wire rack. If desired us the icing to stick on smarties etc. Store the biscuits in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Source Waitrose Weekend Newspaper