A great chocolate banana bread, which is really easy to make and the results are delicious. It’s a Fay Ripley recipe from her ‘What’s for dinner?’ book.
130g softened butter
150g light brown sugar
3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large free range eggs
250g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
150g chocolate chunks
3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree C (fan) and butter/line a loaf tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add the mashed bananas, vanilla and eggs then whisk together.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into the bowl and mix well. Fold in the chocolate and milk.
- Transfer into loaf tin and bake for 50 – 60 minutes till risen. Cool slightly in the tin before turning out.
- Enjoy! Tastes yummy when still warm 🙂