A lovely treat to bake with the kids.
100g dark chocolate
200g butter, softened
100g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
250g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 160 (fan)/180/ gas mark 4. Line 2 baking traus with paper.
2. Melt the chocolate and set aside
3. Using a whisk or mixer, cream the butter and sugar in bowl till fluffy then whizz in the vanilla. Mix the flour and baking powder together in a seperate bowl then fold into the butter mixture.
4. Fold in the melted chocolate a couple of times so it looks marbled.
5. Using your hands make bewteen 25-30 conker sized balls and pop on the baking tray leaving a space around each ball.
6. Put a good thumb print in them and fil the dip with 1/4 tsp of jam. Bake for 20 mins. Take out of the oven and leave to coll completely.