A tasty mid week meal. Source: The Hairy Dieters
4 bonesless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp sunflower oil for greasing
Limes wedges to serve
Cajun spice mix
5 tsp ground cumin
4 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dried oragano
2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp flaked sea salt
3 medium potatoes (about 475g)
1 tsp sunflower oil
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp flakes sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
100g low fat natural yoghurt
2 tsp finely chopped chives
1. Preheat the oven to 220 (fan)/200/ Gas 7.
2. To make the Cajun spice mix, put the spices and salt in a jar and seal tightly witha screw top lid. Give the jar a really good shake so that all the spices are mixed together.. This spice mix can now be stored in a cool, dark place for several weeks.
3. Peel the potatoes and vut them into wedges and put them in a bowl. Add the oil and toss lightly to coat all the wedges. Sprinkle with the paprika, salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper then scatter them onto a baking tray. Cook in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until tender and lightly browned.
4. While the potatoes are booking, place each chicken bewteeen 2 sheets of cling film and beat with a rolling pin until the meat is about 1.5cm thick. You need to make the chicken breasts all the same thickness so that they cook evenly.
5. Brush a griddle pan or non stick frying pan with a little oil and place over a medium heat until hot. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the spice mix over each chicken breast to dust it lightly.
6. Griddle or pan fry the chicken for 2 minutes and then turn them over with tongs and cook ont he other side for a further 2 minutes. Finish by cooking the chicken for 1 more minute on each side or until cooked through. There should be no pink remaining. Put the chicken breasts on a plate and leave them to rest for 3-4 minutes.
7. To make the chive dip, mix the yoghurt and chives together. Spoon into small pots and put 1 on each plate.
8. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over the cickena nd a large mixed salad.