Bucks Cultural Outreach Officer Post
Temporary post : March/April 2019 to December 2021
Based at Bucks County Museum / working all over Bucks county.
The Bucks Cultural Outreach Officer is a new role to lead and direct the on-going development and implementation of the work of Buckinghamshire Cultural Partnership, by developing, managing and evaluating strategic and sector-specific programmes, initiatives, partnerships and research that contribute to Buckinghamshire’s cultural development. The strategic objectives of Buckinghamshire Cultural Partnership are to deliver on its 2018 Cultural Strategy. This is to promote the county’s arts and culture offer, grow strengthen the position of the cultural sector, build the quality of cultural opportunities for residents and visitors, build the creative economy, and support partners to position culture to the heart of economic development, place-making and health and wellbeing.
Alongside involvement in the Cultural Strategy development, there is also a regional Community Engagement project within museums and heritage around Bucks, led by Bucks County Museum. The post holder will also manage the Community Engagement project and liaise with the Bucks County Museum Community Outreach Officer, who is working with partners for around 32 hours per month to explore new ways to deliver community engagement based on good practice from within the partnership as part of the project.
The successful candidate will have significant experience and a high level of skill in project management and developing relationships between different organisations within the heritage sector and excellent advocacy and delivery abilities.
- The development and governance of the new Bucks Cultural Partnership and the new Cultural Strategy.
- The key priorities and outcomes of the Bucks Cultural Partnership including the creation of new and unusual collaborations with heritage and non-heritage organisations
- The development of a set of task and finish groups for each theme of the Strategy.
- Source increased investment that will integrate culture with the delivery of the county’s economic, health and wellbeing, environmental and talent development ambitions. This will include co-ordinating and supporting multi partner activities and submitting bids when appropriate.
- Project manage the Rothschild Foundation Impact Grant for Heritage Partnerships, ensuring that the community engagement and Cultural Strategy work is delivered on time and within budget and completing all project documentation, monitoring meetings and evaluation as required within deadlines.
- The community engagement partnerships and manage the Bucks County Museum Community Outreach Officer in delivery of the project objectives
- 2 sharing days each year for museums, heritage and others involved in cultural delivery and participation on community engagement and Cultural partnerships.
Further details and application form available from : www.buckscountymuseum.org/museum/get-involved/vacancies/
Deadline for Applications : 27 February 12 pm
Assessments / Interviews – 6 March at Bucks County Museum
The candidates need to be prepared to attend the stated Interview and Assessment Day on 6 March 2019 at Bucks County Museum to participate in the selection procedure and to meet selected partners involved in the project.