A quick and easy family fish. Source Fay Ripley – Fay’s Family Food
1 small onion finely chopped
85g pancetta chopped to bite size
2 garlic cloves crushed
250g dried spaghetti
2 large egg yolks
150g asparagus spears
142ml single cream
4 tbs vegetable stock
5 tbs grated parmesan
4 tbs fresh breadcrumbs
1 tbs chopped fresh parsley
1 tbs olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180 (fan) / 200/ gas 6. Fry the onion and pancetta, then add the garlic briefly.
2. Cook the spaghetti, drain and immediately mix the egg yolks with the hot pasta.
3. Steam or blanch the asparagus until just tender but still crunchy.
4. Mix the eggy pasta, the onion and pancetta mixture, asparagus, cream, stock and half of the parmesan. Pile into an oven proof dish.
5. Mix the remaining parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley and olive oil and scatter over the top of the pasta. Bake for 15 minutes.