Nutribelle’s Oaty bars, great for brekkie or a snack!
Recipe makes 8 – 10 bars
- 2 apples, cored
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or paste
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup protein powder (or just use more oats)
- ¼ cup dried fruit/coconut
- ¼ cup mixed seeds or nuts
- 2-3 tsp ginger or cinnamon (or both!)
- Pinch salt
Preheat the oven to 190C.
Chop, grate or blitz in a blender (not tooooo smooth though) the apples and set to one side.
Mix the honey, butter and vanilla in a saucepan on the stove and melt the butter, stirring continuously. Add in the apple and stir through.
In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, protein powder (if using), seeds, fruit and ginger/cinnamon. Add the apple mix and stir well.
Pour the mix into a lined baking tray (about 1 – 1.5cm thick) and press down with the back of a spoon. You can add extra apple slices or nuts/seeds etc to decorate the top if you want to.
Pop the tray in the oven for 15 – 20 mins until cooked through.
Cool, then slice into bars.
Change it up:
- Use the nuts/seeds etc of your choice here.
- I’ve also made these with a heaped tbsp of cacao powder and/or chocolate protein powder for a chocolatey twist.
Recipe source: www.nutri-belle.co.uk