Recipe by Top Banana Cooking
Ingredients: (makes 12 swirls)
250g ready-made puff pastry (contains wheat)
A little plain flour for rolling out pastry (contains wheat)
50g unsalted softened butter (contains milk)
20g light brown sugar (plus extra for sprinkling)
1 tspn cinnamon
(allergens listed in bold)
1. Preheat oven (200C, 180C fan, gas mark 6).
2. Grease and line a baking tray.
3. Roll the pastry into a large rectangle (approx. 30cm x 20cm).
4. Mix together the butter, sugar and cinnamon.
5. Spread the mixture over the pastry with a butter knife.
6. Grate the apples.
7. Sprinkle the grated apples over the pastry.
8. Roll up the rectangle from the long side into a long sausage.
9. Cut the sausage into 12 equal slices.
10. Arrange slices face-up on the baking tray.
11. Sprinkle a little extra sugar on the top of each one.
12. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Top Banana Tip:
Experiment with different fillings. How about raisins, chopped apricots or even Nutella – yum!