This great dip is simple to make, perfect nibble to enjoy with friends.
2 large aubergine
2 onions, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed
1 green chilli, finely chopped
4 cm piece of ginger, finely grated
3 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 bunch of fresh coriander
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp curry powder
1. Preheat oven to 220C.
2. Prick the aubergine skin with a fork, place on a roasting tray and roast for around 1 hour (until the flesh has softened). Remove from oven and allow to cool.
3. Cut the aubergine in half, scoop the flesh into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then add the onion and cook gently until softened. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli then stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and curry powder and cook for around 15 minutes, until softened.
5. Add the aubergine to the pan and cook for a few minutes. Stir in the coriander and remove from the heat.
6. Serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe source: Jamie Oliver