A tasty easy mid week meal. Serves 2.Source Gousto.
Ingredients: 300g lamb mince
120g natural yoghurt
10g fresh mint
30g pine nuts
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 red onion
1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
1 garlic clove
1. Preheat the oven to 220/200 (fan)/425 F / Gas 7. Peel and chop the onion into quarters. Coat well with 1-2 tbsp of olive oil and salt to taste on an oven tray. Put in the oven for 20 mins or until starting to caramelise.
2. Combine the fennel seeds, lamb mince, salt & pepper to your taste. Form 4 oblong meat parries, similar to a sausage shape. Cook in a pan on a high heat for two mins or until brown all over, then add to the onion tray and cook for 8 mins or until cooked through.
3. Reserve the lamb pan for later. Meanwhile add the couscous and 200ml of boiling water – cover and set aside for 10 mins
4. Chop the mint finely, incluing the soft stems. Crush the garlic with the side of the knife, peel it and mince very finely. Add the garlic to the yoghurt, season to yoru taste with salt and pepper and mix well.
5. Wipe off any leftover grease from the lamb pan. Add the pine nuts to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat or until lightly browned and aromatic. Bash the pine nuts in a pestle and motor to form a crumb (alternatively, chop finely) and set aside (used in step 7)
6. Peel apart the onion layers with your fingers (or a fork if too hot to handle) into petals. Combine the onion petals, couscous and mint and 1-2 tsp of olive oil. Mix well and season to your taste with salt and pepper.
7. Add the pomegranate molasses to a flat plate and gently roll the kofta with the pine nuts and dish up 🙂