Last weekend we headed to Net Kingdom at Go Ape Black Party for my daughter’s 7th birthday party. Net Kingdom, exclusive to Black Park, is an expansive network of tree top trampolines, giant ball nets, walkways and slides – all 30 feet up in the forest canopy.
I’d taken her a few months previously and she’s loved it, so we decided to book for her birthday. We were extremely lucky that it was a beautiful day, we couldn’t of asked for better weather. We booked an early morning slot, which I’m pleased we did as it allowed us to set up a base at one of the picnic table (these are available on a first come basis).
I’ve included below some tips from the party, in case your considering a Net Kingdom Party:
- Book ahead – this is really easy to do via the Go Ape website or you can call the booking centre on 0845 519 3271
- Book an early slot – The Nets open from 10am. I booked for 10.15am but asked guests to arrive before 10am as you need to sign everyone in and have a safety briefing.
- Reserve a table – There is a sheltered area in the nets (perfect to give some shade or shelter ;)) which is pre-bookable. It’s £20 to reserve either that or one of the big benches in the wooden shelter just outside the nets, for a two hour slot. There are smaller benches in the nets area which are free but these are available on a first-come basis.
- Adult to child ratios – it’s 1 adult to 5 children. We had 20 children so needed to have 4 adults present. It’s also useful to have the extra pair of hands for toilet trips etc.
- Parking – the car park gets busy in the summer and it’s a pay and display. You can pay by cash or card (you just need to know your car registration ;)) Parents car pooled, which I would recommend. Prices for parking start at £3.50 (peak) – I paid £5.50 for the day.
- Water – I took a water bottle for each child, as they will get hot – it’s thirsty work running around in the tree tops 😉 There is a water dispenser in the area which is useful as we had to fill some of the bottles a few times. I labelled all the children’s bottles so they knew which there’s was – this is handy when you have lots of kids 😉
- Lunch – we did an early lunch so that the children didn’t feel rushed and if time allowed they would have one last run around the tree tops. I had bought the cardboard disposable lunch boxes and I named all the boxes. I had asked parents ahead if there child wanted a ham or cheese sandwich. They also had a packet of crisps and a drinking yoghurt, followed by birthday cake. Go Ape also offer hot & cold lunch boxes at £7.50 a head or you can order in a Papa John’s pizza (they offer 25% off any order over £25). If you fancy pizza call 01753 577144 and quote PJ25
- The cake – I like baking, but hate baking cakes for birthday parties. The pressure 😉 So I cheated and bought a naked vanilla cake from M&S for £20 (feeds 20) and then we decorated it ourselves. I bought the panda from Bow Beaus – an insta find. Check out her account here.
- Party bags – I had some sweet cones left over from another party (bought from Amazon but Ebay sell them too) and filled them with sweets. I also bought some cupcake toppers from a company on ebay and just bought a tray of 18 cupcakes from Tesco for £5.50! If you want to outsource the party bags ;), Go Ape do offer a Goodie Bag containing a medal, yoyo, pencils, monkey mask and certificate for £5 each. Alternatively you can give them a Monkey Medal for £3 each or if you’re feeling flash with your cash they also have Go Ape Tee’s for £12 each.
Net Kingdom is suitable for 5 years and up and the party lasts for 2 hours at a cost of £20 per person.
To book a party call 0845 519 3271 or visit https://goape.co.uk/adventures/netskingdom
*Please note that birthday extras can’t be booked online you need to call the booking centre to book these.
Go Ape Black Park are offering our readers 10% off any activity, excluding Saturdays & Bank Holidays, at Black Park only. Quote BPAMB4 when booking. Valid until 31st December 2018.