4 small wholemeal pitta breads
180g tomato based pasta sauce
4 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 medium onion halved, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons Italian herbs
150g char-grilled roasted pepper, thinly sliced (get in jars in supermarket)
100g feta cheese, crumbled or cheddar grated
(alternative toppings can be anything your children love, tuna, sweet corn, ham cooked chicken)
1. Put oven to 200C
2. Slice roasted peppers, tomatoes, onion
3. Crumble feta cheese or grate cheddar
1. Place the pitta breads onto a baking tray.
2. Spread tomato pasta sauce over the base of each pitta. Arrange your tomato slices and onion on top and sprinkle with dried herbs.
3. Add roasted pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper, add any additional toppings that you would like. Crumble over feta or grated cheddar.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden and cooked.
Recipe courtesy of Dinner Made Simple