A quick and easy biscuits, perfect for cooking with children.
220g unsalted butter
220g self raising flour
220g porridge oats
150g Demerara sugar
1 tablespoons of golden syrup
2 rounded teaspoons of ground ginger
1. Line 3 baking sheets with baking parchment.
2. Preheat the oven to 170 (Fan)
3. Gently heat the butter, sugar and golden syrup together in a small pan until the sugar dissolves.
4. Combine the flour, oats and ginger in a bowl.
5. Pour on the melted mixture and mix thoroughly.
6. Roll heaped teaspoonsfuls of the mixture into little balls and place on a baking sheets (allow room to expand). Press each to flatten a little.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until they’ve turned a golden brown colour
7. Leave on the baking sheet for 15 minutes, then transfer to a waire rack to finish cooling.