Delicious, chocolately and gooey dessert. So easy to make and you can even freeze them so perfect to prepare ahead and cook when needed. Serves 4.
What you need
50g unsalted butter, plus extra to grease ramekins
2tsp cocoa powder, to dust
50g good quality dark chocolate, (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
1 egg yolk
60g caster sugar
50g plain flour
1. Preheat oven to 160C
2. Butter four ramekins, then dust with cocoa, shaking out the excess
3. Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Stir until smooth and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
4. Using an electric whisk, whisk the whole egg, egg yolk and sugar together until pale and thick. Then fold in the chocolate mixture, followed by the flour.
5. Divide the mixture between the ramekins. (You can then freeze the puddings at this stage if you are making ahead).
6. Bake for approx 12 minutes.
7. Turn the puddings out on to servings plates and serve with cream or ice cream, enjoy!