Delicious South American pastries!
150g cooking chorizo sausage
300g minced beef
1 onion, diced finely
½ pack coriander, finely chopped
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp chilli flakes
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 pack ready made puff pastry
- Slowly cook the onion in a large pan until soft.
- Remove the chorizo from its casing and dice into small pieces. Mix the mince, chorizo, coriander, paprika, cumin and chilli flakes in a bowl.
- Add the chorizo and beef mix to the onions and slowly cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Then add the tomato puree and continue to cook gently until everything is cooked through.
- Heat the oven to 180C. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface until thin. Cut out discs with a 10cm biscuit cutter. Put 1 tsp of the filling into the centre of each disc, wet the edges, fold in half and punch the edges together. Use a fork to crimp the edges.
- Place the empanadas on a lined baking sheet, brush with beaten egg and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.